SKECHERS MALAYSIA SDN BHD Customer Service
15 & 17, JALAN SHAMELIN NIAGA 1,
SHAMELIN HEIGHTS BUSINESS PARK,
TAMAN SHAMELIN PERKASA, 56100
Tel: 603 9282 6588 (Mon-Fri 9:00am to 6:00pm)
There are many ways that SKECHERS obtains information from you:
Via sign-up on any SKECHERS website
From information provided by you when making an online or retail purchase
When you enter a SKECHERS sweepstakes or giveaway
When you sign up for SKECHERS member at a SKECHERS store, SKECHERS outlet or SKECHERS online membership portal
Upon signing up at a SKECHERS event
When you register online to receive our email updates or when you register for the SKECHERS member program, you will need to provide us with your name, date of birth, e-mail address, nationality, contact number, and date of birth to confirm you are age 13 or older. When you make a purchase through SKECHERS.COM.MY, you also will need to give us your email address, shipping address, billing address (if different) and telephone number so we can process your payment and contact you in the event of any problems with delivery. If you contact our customer service department, you may need to provide us with additional information so that we can respond to your questions or concerns as completely and thoroughly as possible.
In order to provide users and subscribers with the most efficient and enhanced service and better understand your preferences, we may request your gender, shopping preference and product interest. SKECHERS members can specify email notification preferences. Whether or not you provide this information is entirely up to you.
We also use automatic data collection technologies to collect additional non-personally identifiable information (for example, details of your visits to our website, information about your computer and Internet connection, such as browser type, browser version, operating system and IP address) which will concern the general use of our website. The navigational information allows us to see which areas of our website are most visited, and helps us improve the quality of your online experience by recognizing and delivering more of the most desired features and services. Note that we may also record user sessions. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies and web beacons.
We use the following cookies on our website:
-Required cookies. These cookies are required to enable core site functionality including log-in, the shopping cart, checking out and estimated shipping. Required cookies are automatically enabled when you visit the Skechers website.
-Functional cookies. These cookies enable additional functionality such as status of SKECHERS membership and promotion codes, and allow us to collect statistics that help optimize and improve your experience with the SKECHERS website. For example, they allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around our website, which can help us to improve the website design.
-Advertising cookies. These cookies are used by SKECHERS and third party companies to deliver content tailored to your interests both on our site and elsewhere. They record information such as your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. This may be shared with other organisations such as third party advertisers.
SKECHERS may use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Although some browsers offer a "do not track" feature in order for you to request that the websites you visit do not track your online activities, our website is not currently set up to respond to do not track signals.
We will primarily use your personal information to provide products and services to you, for example:
To present our website and its contents to you.
To administer contests, promotions, surveys or other site features and to provide you with the relevant products or services (for instance, to deliver a prize you may have won in a contest).
To administer the SKECHERS membership program and to provide all the services associated with the membership.
To send you information via e-mail about products, offers and news we think could interest you. We only send you this if you have opted-in to receive SKECHERS e-mail messages. By providing us your email address through the SKECHERS website (e.g., registering to receive our email updates or registering for the SKECHERS member program) or by contacting our customer service department and specifically requesting to be added to our e-mail list, you are opting-in to receive SKECHERS e-mail messages.
To fulfill and deliver all orders placed through our website.
To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
To notify you about changes to our website or our policies.
To analyze visits to the website and learn about the interests of our visitors in the aggregate and better understand your personal interests and needs, so we can improve our products and services and deliver the type of content, features and promotions that you are most interested in.
The information obtained from online registration is utilized to improve your shopping experience with SKECHERS by enabling you to earn reward points, obtain a faster checkout for purchases and/or opt-in to receive promotional e-mails, which provide you with the latest and greatest information regarding SKECHERS and its products.
The telephone and credit card number information we ask for when you order online is used only to complete the order, confirm the order and confirm shipment of the order. This information is then stored only for the purposes of faster checkout, and is not used for any other purpose.
Examples of these services include payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, order fulfillment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, membership programme, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. We may need to share personal information with these third parties so that they can perform these services; however, we limit the personal information that we give to them and authorize them to use this information only for the purpose of performing those services.
In proceeding with your online order, you agree that both your name and address and those of the delivery name and address (if different) may be checked using third parties such as credit agencies. If you are providing a delivery name and address which is not your own, you must have that person's permission to give us their personal information and for us to use it for the purposes specified. By providing it, you are saying that you have their permission.
We share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our agents, including agencies or third party vendors so that they can provide marketing analysis and consult on advertising strategies. This information does not identify individual users. We also may share non-personal information (such as the number of users who visited the website during a specific time period or who purchased a specific product through the website) with our marketing partners, advertisers and others from time to time. This information generally is shared in an aggregated form.
We may release personal information if we believe in good faith that: the law or legal process requires it; if we have been advised by counsel; we have received a valid administrative request from a law enforcement agency; or such release is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of SKECHERS or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or others.
From time to time, SKECHERS communicates to customers by e-mail to inform them of changes to SKECHERS.COM.MY, special offers that might become available, matters relating to their SKECHERS membership, changes to the details on the membership, changes on the membership portal, changes to the collaterals in stores and other information SKECHERS believes will be of interest to site visitors. SKECHERS will send these types of e-mails to you only if you opt-in to receive SKECHERS e-mail messages (by registering to receive our email updates or registering for the SKECHERS member program or by contacting our customer service department and specifically requesting to be added to our e-mail list,) and you can easily unsubscribe any time you want by updating your contact preferences on our website or following the instructions contained in the e-mail.
Please note that you cannot opt-out of order e-mails as described below.
SKECHERS also uses your e-mail address to confirm your order and shipment of your order, and respond to any inquiries you make online. Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt-out of receiving e-mails related to your orders.
You may request to stop receiving electronic communications from SKECHERS anytime. You can choose to cancel e-mails by updating your contact preferences on our website.
To unsubscribe from SMS, MMS or other mobile messaging, you may also follow the instructions in the messages you receive. Similarly, all e-mails you receive will provide you with information as to how to get off the e-mail mailing list if you so desire.
It takes some time to put opt-outs in effect, so you may still receive electronic communications from SKECHERS for several weeks after your request is received.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you cannot opt-out of order e-mails as described above.
SKECHERS takes special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. Our web sites are general audience sites. We do not permit anyone under the age of 13 to register with us. We also do not send e-mail correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13.
Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any contact information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children's online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children's access to the web.
SKECHERS will provide you with access to the personal information you provided to SKECHERS by allowing you to view, update or correct your information. In order to protect your privacy, SKECHERS takes steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your private information or enabling you to make corrections. SKECHERS will accomplish this through the use of passwords and personal data.
SKECHERS employs industry-standard security measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. In addition, we utilize a licensed system for credit card authorization and fraud detection. We use industry standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone. Although we make good faith efforts to store information collected by SKECHERS in a secure operating environment, transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee complete security. Information collected by SKECHERS will be maintained for a length of time appropriate to our needs.
SKECHERS MALAYSIA MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The application and the use of the Skechers Membership program are subjected to the following terms and conditions:
The Terms defined and used herein shall have the following definitions as indicated: -
1. “The Company” – Refers to Skechers Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
2. “Application” – Refers to the process completed and submitted by the applicant, in order to become a Skechers Member within the Skechers Membership program.
3. “Membership” – Skechers Membership program.
5. “Membership Tier” – Refers to the various Membership Tiers within the Skechers Membership program.
6. “Points” – Refers to the Points earned or redeemed by using The Membership.
7. “Transaction” – Refers to the purchase transacted on Skechers merchandise by Skechers Member at any Skechers Participating Stores.
8. “Participating Stores” – The Company acknowledges and accepts the Skechers Membership privilege at selected participating Skechers Concept Stores, Skechers City Outlet stores and Outlet stores in Malaysia, except Skechers Consignment Counters, Shop-in-Shops, Multi-brand Shops, temporary pop-up stores/fairs or at Department Stores. The Company reserves the right to make changes to the list of Participating Stores from time to time. For the full list of the participating Skechers stores please click here.
1. The Skechers Membership program is a free Membership by choice and The Membership is not for sale.
2. Only one (1) Membership sign-up per person is allowed.
3. A valid email and Malaysian mobile number is required in order to apply for The Membership on The Member portal.
4. By signing up for The Membership, any Points or Vouchers accumulated from the previous Skechers Membership scheme will no longer be valid nor will any benefits be carried forward.
5. The Membership Application is for customers who purchased a minimum of RM350 at the Participating Stores and who chose to sign up with The Membership Program.
6. The Application can be performed by The Member online via The Member portal at https://members.skechers.com.my to become a Subscriber, to receive sales and promotional notifications. After achieving Subscriber status, The Member has to meet minimum purchase requirement within a limited time period at Skechers Participating Stores in Malaysia to become a Silver or Gold tier Member.
1. There are two (2) Membership Tiers under the Skechers Membership program – Silver and Gold.
2. Members who meet a minimum spend of RM350 accumulative receipts within three (3) months will be eligible for Silver Membership Tier. Skechers Silver tier will entitle Member a 15% discount on regular-priced footwear & apparel and 10% discount on selected regular-priced accessories for Transactions performed at Skechers Participating Stores.
3. Members who meet the minimum spend of RM850 accumulative receipts within twelve (12) months will be eligible for Gold Membership Tier. Skechers Gold tier will entitle Member a 20% discount on regular-priced footwear & apparel and 10% discount on selected regular-priced accessories for Transactions performed at Skechers Participating Stores.
1. The Silver or Gold Membership Tiers are only valid for 12 months from date of Tier Upgrade.
2. The Membership privileges can only be enjoyed by The Member.
3. Members need to maintain the minimum spend required in order to maintain validity under the respective Membership Tiers.
EARNING AND EXPIRY OF POINTS
1. The Member is entitled to earn Points only after The Member has successfully registered with The Membership Program as a Silver or Gold Member and Points earning is effective from the next Transaction.
2. Points lifecycle will expire by 31st March of the following year, taking the below examples:
i) Points issued on 31st December 2020 will expire 31st March 2021.
ii) Points issued on 1st January 2021 will expire 31st March 2022.
iii) Points issued on 7th June 2021 will expire 31st March 2022.
3. The Member is entitled to earn 1 Point for every RM1 spent on purchases transacted by The Member via selected Skechers Participating Stores in Malaysia except City Outlets and Outlets.
4. No Membership Points collection is allowed on top of usage with other selected on-going promotional offers or any external cards’ offers or partners’ cards.
5. The Member must be present at the time of Transaction to earn Points. No Points earning will be allowed if The Member is not present at the time of Transaction.
6. Personal data such as mobile number will be requested for verification purposes.
7. Points earning is allowed on the nett spending amount when any other external non-Skechers membership-related discount vouchers are being used and this will consist of but not limited to Skechers promotional vouchers, Skechers discounts, any form of external brand’s joint partnership vouchers, other brand partner’s vouchers, shopping mall or Landlord vouchers.
For example: RM350 products with usage of RM50 discount voucher = RM300 nett payment = 300 points
8. Members can earn full Points (total amount before voucher usage) from using Skechers Cash Vouchers (Cash Vouchers that are sold by The Company or given as part of any sponsorships via The Company’s partners and affiliates) as part of payment mode during Transaction.
For example: RM350 products with usage of RM50 cash voucher = RM300 nett payment = 300 points from nett payment + 50 points from cash voucher = total 350 points
9. The Company reserves the rights at any time to disallow Points earning for any on-going promotions, sales or offers without prior notice.
REDEMPTION OF POINTS
1. To be eligible for redemption of Points, the accumulation of Points must be minimum 180 Points (for Gold tier) to be entitled for redemption of e-Vouchers worth RM20 and minimum 200 Points (for Silver tier) to be entitled for redemption of e-Vouchers worth RM20.
2. Redemption of Points are allowed at all Participating Stores and Member must be present at the Participating Stores to redeem the Points at any one time.
3. Personal data or mobile number may be required at time of redemption for verification purposes.
4. Points accumulated are not exchangeable for cash or equivalent.
1. Members under the Silver tier will be entitled a 15% discount on regular-priced footwear & apparel and 10% discount on selected regular-priced accessories at the Participating Stores.
2. Members under the Gold tier will be entitled a 20% discount on regular-priced footwear & apparel and 10% discount on selected regular-priced accessories at the Participating Stores.
3. 2X Points will be awarded on the 1st Transaction on The Member’s birthday month.
4. There will not be Member discounts issued for Transactions performed at the Outlet area within Skechers City Outlets, Skechers Outlets / Premium Outlets, Skechers Consignment Counters within department stores and Skechers temporary Pop-Up Stores/fairs.
MEMBERSHIP EXPIRY AND RENEWAL
1. Membership is valid for 1 year from date of sign up.
2. Reminders will be sent via Electronic Email as a form of notification to Members whose Membership are nearing to expiry.
3. For Skechers Members who opt not to be reached via the communication channels, they can log in to access to The Membership account to update The Membership details.
4. All accumulated Points or existing Membership Tier will be forfeited upon Membership expiry.
5. A new Membership cycle will commence from the date of new Membership commencement via another Transaction upon meeting the minimum spend after Membership’s expiry.
1. All Membership Welcome e-Vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of sign up and is only valid for one (1) Transaction only.
2. Only 1 Welcome e-Voucher will be issued per new Silver Member at the point of Sign Up / Registration or initial upgrade.
3. There will not be any RM30 Welcome e-Vouchers re-issued for subsequent Silver Membership Tier upgrades and downgrades.
4. Welcome e-Vouchers issued to Silver Tier Members are valued at RM30 and Welcome e-Vouchers issued to Gold Tier Members are valued at RM50. Welcome e-Vouchers are to be used within the expiry date on purchase of merchandise at Skechers Participating Stores.
5. E-Vouchers redeemed via Member Points collection will be entitled for use via Transactions across all merchandise at the Participating Stores in Malaysia except Department Stores, Shop in shops, multi-brand stores, and temporary pop-up stores/fairs.
6. E-Vouchers that are expired will not be amended nor refunded to The Member.
7. E-Vouchers that were issued to Member will not be credited back to The Member’s account on any voided Transactions or Transactions that were refunded to Member.
8. Gold members will be credited RM50 e-Voucher per renewal of Gold Membership. This renewal is achieved when Member accumulated RM850 nett spend within The Membership active cycle (12 months).
9. Only 1 gift/welcome voucher can be redeemed per transaction. Redemption of multiple vouchers in a single receipt will NOT be allowed. (Effective from 3 July 2023)
TERMINATION AND CANCELLATION
1. The Members may, at any time, terminate The Membership before the expiry date by official written notice to Skechers Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. at Suite 18.02-08, Level 18, Menara Exchange 106, Lingkaran TRX, Tun Razak Exchange, 55188 Kuala Lumpur or email to Customer Service at email@example.com
2. Termination and cancellation processes may take up to seven (7) days from the date the request was received.
3. In the event of an early termination, the date it was terminated will serve as the actual termination date.
4. The Membership may be terminated in the event of any breach of the terms and conditions contained herein.
5. The Company reserves the rights to terminate The Membership if found to be shared by The Member to the other parties other than The Member for example The Member’s family, relatives, affiliates, business associates, friends and etc.
6. Upon termination of The Membership either by The Member or by The Company, The Member shall not attempt to utilize The Membership after it has been terminated as such acts shall be deemed as fraudulent.
7. Upon the termination or cancellation of The Membership account, all Membership benefits including but not limited to Points and active current Member vouchers will be forfeited and Member shall have no further claim against The Company.
1. The Membership is the sole property of Skechers Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
2. Notwithstanding any other provisions herein, if The Membership privileges have been wrongfully or fraudulently utilised, The Member shall be liable to refund The Company the value of the said privileges without dispute.
3. Any dispute on The Membership privileges shall be notified to The Company within 14 days from the date that the dispute had taken place.
4. The Company reserves the rights to amend, reserve and / or withdraw any of The Membership Applications or privileges without prior notice.
5. The Company is entitled at any time, with absolute discretion without liability to The Member, to request for identification, suspend or terminate The Membership should any of The Membership privileges be abused.
6. The Member shall indemnify and hold The Company harmless against any liability or loss, penalty, damage, costs and expenses, including but not limited to legal costs, arising directly or indirectly from any breach on the part of The Member in using The Membership and non-compliance or observation of the terms and conditions.
1. By signing up as a Subscriber online or with The Membership program, you are agreeable that Skechers as a company shall be entitled to disclose personal particulars to the cooperatives and the organizations affiliated or related to The Company.
2. The Subscriber and Member agrees to allow Skechers Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. to use the Subscriber’s and Member’s contact details and personal details in order to facilitate any forms of communications or The Membership privileges and the entitlements contained within the Skechers communications or The Membership program.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT
1. Skechers Malaysia respects The Member’s privacy and recognises that the personal data is important to The Member.
2. The Company collects, uses and discloses The Member’s personal data for the purposes of providing updates on the promotions, entitlements and services to The Member, to enhance The Member’s shopping experiences with The Company and also as steps taken to improve the products and its services.